Happy fall! That officially means pumpkin and apple everything! Pancakes are one of my favorite ways to start the weekend and cuddling up by the fire with a warm drink! These pancakes are both vegan and can be made gluten free which makes you feel so much better about what you are eating. They have apples and granola in the middle which adds for a nice crunch. Plus I made carmalized apples that make the perfect touch on top.
The granola I used is Within Without Granola! They have so many amazing flavors but I used the Chewy Granola Maple Pecan one which is made with only 6 ingredients! I love how clean the ingredients are and that it uses maple syrup as a sweetner! Head over to my Instagram to enter the giveaway and you could win any flavor of your licking, including the seasonal pumpkin one!
-1 cup of rolled oats (gluten free oats if needed)
-1 scoop of Further Food Collagen or any collagen of choice (optional)
-1 cup of nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
-1 flax egg
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp apple pie spice (I used Primal Palate)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-3/4 cup of a chopped apple
-Handful of Within Without Foods Chewy Granola Maple Pecan
-Apple pie spice
-Within Without Foods Chewy Granola Maple Pecan
-Apple cinnamon sautéed apples
-100% pure maple syrup
1. Make a flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flax seeds and 3 tbsps of water. Set aside to thicken.
2. Add all the ingredients to a blender, except the apple and granola, including the flax egg once thickened.
3. Chop up the apple and stir that along with the granola in the batter.
4. Spray a pan and add the batter to the pan. Cook on one side until bubbles form and then flip until cooked through. Makes about 8. Divide up how you like but I promise it is tempting to eat them all!!
5. While the pancakes are cooking chop up the rest of the apple. In a pan melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp of maple syrup, and 1 tsp of apple pie spice. Then add the apples until coated and warmed.
6. Add the pancakes to the plate along with the spiced apples. Top with more granola, apple pie spice, and pure maple syrup!