This oatmeal is delicious and perfect for a fall day. I make such a small batch of the almond butter because it will only last up to a week due to the pumpkin purée but I am not too sure you will have to worry about it going bad because it tastes so good! Also make sure to stir in the pumpkin spice and pumpkin purée in a separate bowl because I did not my first time around and it did not turn out well to say the least haha. I definitely recommend you guys making this for a super filling and cozy fall breakfast!
Pumpkin Almond Butter:
-1 cup unsalted almonds or 1 cup of almond butter
-1/4 cup 100% pumpkin purée
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tbsp of pure maple syrup for sweetness
- If making own almond butter add almonds to a food processor and process until a nut butter consistency. You may need to stop to scrap the sides down. (it took me about 20 minutes)
- Add the pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice and process for another minute or two until all combined.
- Transfer to a glass jar and keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
-3/4 cup oatmeal
-1 1/2 cup water
-1/4 cup 100% pumpkin purée
-1/2 mashed banana
-1 scoop of collagen (I used Furtherfood, optional)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 tsp pink salt
-Half of a Pumpkin Pie Perfect Bar
-Pumpkin almond butter
- Bring the water to a bowl and then stir in the oats.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to cook the oats until the desired consistency.
- For the carmalzied bananas add coconut oil and cinnamon to a pan. Cook the bananas on both sides.
- Pour in a bowl and go crazy with the toppings!
During the summer I love to have a dinner that is light and filled with many vegetables! I decided spring rolls would be the best option and they did not dissapoint! This was actually my first time making them and was surprised how easy they were! Of course I had to pair them with a sauce which made it even better and involved peanut butter (my favorite)!
-3 spring roll wrappers
-12 lettuce leaves (I did about 4 per wrap)
-1/2 green pepper
-3 small carrots, chopped, or about 1/4 of a whole carrot
-1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Peanut Ginger Sauce:
-1 tbsp coconut aminos
-1 clove minced garlic
-1/2 tsp lemon juice
-1/4 tsp ginger
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1/2 tbsp peanut butter
-1 tsp water
-1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Wash and cut all the vegetables.
2. Follow the package for the spring roll wrappers.
3. Fill the spring roll with all the veggies and roll.
4. Whisk the sauce ingredients together.
5. Cut the spring rolls in half, plate, and enjoy!
Happy national junk food day! One of my favorite things to eat when I was younger was chicken nuggets and french fries! It was a staple in my house that I would have once a week! I thought it would be the perfect meal to make vegan and healthier! It is a healthy junk food classic!
The breadcrumbs I use are Chickpea Crumbs and I have used them before I have even started my Instagram! The only ingredients are chickpeas and they are gluten free! This blog post is not affiliated with the company but I highly recommend their products and it is the perfect added crunch and coating for the tofu! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and make it when you are craving a junk food!
-1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 tsp paprika
-1 packet of tofu
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/3 cup almond milk
-1 cup chickpea breadcrumbs
-Optional: unsweetened ketchup or dressing of choice for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut your potatoes in fry like shapes and spray a pan with coconut oil.
3. Season the fries and put in the oven for 50 minutes.
4. Cut the tofu into nugget like pieces.
5. Prepare 3 bowls: 1. whole wheat flour, 2. almond milk, 3. chickpea breadcrumbs with seasonings of choice.
6. Dip each tofu nugget into one bowl at a time and coat. Then place on a pan sprayed with coconut oil.
7. Bake the tofu for 20 minutes and then flip and bake for 15 more minutes.
8. Assemble everything on a plate and pair it with your favorite dip! It serves about 4 people!