Happy national junk food day! One of my favorite things to eat when I was younger was chicken nuggets and french fries! It was a staple in my house that I would have once a week! I thought it would be the perfect meal to make vegan and healthier! It is a healthy junk food classic!
The breadcrumbs I use are Chickpea Crumbs and I have used them before I have even started my Instagram! The only ingredients are chickpeas and they are gluten free! This blog post is not affiliated with the company but I highly recommend their products and it is the perfect added crunch and coating for the tofu! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and make it when you are craving a junk food!
-1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 tsp paprika
-1 packet of tofu
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/3 cup almond milk
-1 cup chickpea breadcrumbs
-Optional: unsweetened ketchup or dressing of choice for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut your potatoes in fry like shapes and spray a pan with coconut oil.
3. Season the fries and put in the oven for 50 minutes.
4. Cut the tofu into nugget like pieces.
5. Prepare 3 bowls: 1. whole wheat flour, 2. almond milk, 3. chickpea breadcrumbs with seasonings of choice.
6. Dip each tofu nugget into one bowl at a time and coat. Then place on a pan sprayed with coconut oil.
7. Bake the tofu for 20 minutes and then flip and bake for 15 more minutes.
8. Assemble everything on a plate and pair it with your favorite dip! It serves about 4 people!